Wednesday 22 January 2020

Post #5 ROBLOX

What did you do?
I made a simple obby that's easy to beat with some parkour jumps with a Truss. (Climbable blocks)

First what I did was make a spawn by adding a brick and adding some decoration and extra feats like the marbling around it and then putting in the spawn location point in the middle so players spawn there after dying. After doing that I made two blocks to start off but I quickly change the idea to something a bit harder.
I added some more blocks and was slowly progressing to the next area where I introduce the climbable blocks into a newer guessing game.


Next I introduced the climbable blocks which allow you to climb up and there I made a sort of guessing game to what block is real or not. Which is a really simple obby move that many do. In this one red is the correct answer and if you pick blue you just fall to your death and have to restart all over again. How I did this was by turning the bricks option to 'CanCollide' off so that it's just a transparent block that sends you to death.

My next option of death was a climbable block parkour sort of. By adding the blocks around and having to jump one another proves a challenge as you have to have sort of a precise aim when jumping and when falling off you must restart all over again and die.
Then is the end which you've won and completed! Great job! You deserve the achievement of greatest person alive.
What did you learn?
When doing all of this, I learned a lot of stuff that could help me in the future if I ever decide to develop games and for making this obby I learned how to build efficient obbies that are really easy and simplistic with a bit of a twist. I learned how to make things non-collidable so that people just fall to their deaths and yeah it was really fun to make with a bit of a smooth groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment